Weekly Posting Goal:

Start off your week with a new post from Spark America every Sunday to get you informed and energized, and to give you meaningful, thought provoking information and inspirational dialog to share with your friends for the entire week. I welcome your comments.

Feel free to email me at GaetanoDrake(at)gmail(dot)com

Drake
I invite you to leave your thoughts and opinions in the comment section. Just click on "comments"at the bottom of each post.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Drawing The Line Or Walking The Line

Have you ever used the phrase "this is where I draw the line?" How about don't ever cross that line, the line begins here, I have heard that line before, and so many other phrases using the word line.

What I would like to discuss in this blog is no line, you can trust me on this. There's that word trust again. We can discuss that word in a future blog, for now let's discuss the phrase "drawing the line".


What sparked me to write about this "drawing the line business" was what I have been observing on my daily walks for years, and that is the grass mowing  line drawn between houses and neighbors, which leads me to believe that too many people that draw that line also draw many other lines, or excuses if you will, as not to get involved in helping others. To many people this may seem to be a trivial matter, but to me it says a lot about the person who can not find the time or heartfelt joy that would be felt by a neighbor to have someone mow their lawn for them, coming home from a difficult or busy day at work. I know what you may be thinking, but I already know about all the reasons we may have for not doing this good deed. Lets use our heads and our hearts on this one.

My point is this: if we draw the line on the grass, and decide not to get involved with such a simple sign of good neighborism, in how many other worthwhile opportunities to love and help others do we "draw the line"?

Instead of drawing lines in our relationships with our fellow man, we need to cross the line that divides us and take the path of caring, compassion, and extend the helping hand that will pull us together instead of pushing us apart. Isolation is not a good destination.

Hey' America, let's begin to "walk the line, mow that lawn, and walk the talk".

No comments:

Post a Comment