Weekly Posting Goal:

Start off your week with a new post from Spark America every Sunday to get you informed and energized, and to give you meaningful, thought provoking information and inspirational dialog to share with your friends for the entire week. I welcome your comments.

Feel free to email me at GaetanoDrake(at)gmail(dot)com

Drake
I invite you to leave your thoughts and opinions in the comment section. Just click on "comments"at the bottom of each post.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Intellectual Debates --- Mumbo Jumbo

Living in America today we live with the wondrous idea and privilege that we can make our own choices. This morning I made a conscious, or unconscious choice, to watch and listen to two separate debates, both on pretty much the same subject. That subject would be simply one's personal view on how life began, was it God and creation or the big bang (Science's theory).. I have my own personal view on that subject and anyone who knows me would know my answer to that question.

It is not my answer to this question or my personal beliefs that this is all about. Its about simple answers to some very hard questions and beliefs. After spending a better part of two hours of this intellectual farting back and forth among these four renowned PhD professors, I discovered one thing. With all their degrees and experience debating this subject, they left doubt in my mind, any of them even possessed an ounce of common sense. That even armed with all their degrees and mumbo jumbo, they left me feeling empty, not wanting more.

You can find these debates on you tube, I highly recommend you do so .

Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris debating 'morality and science', and William Lane Craig and Alex Rosenberg debating 'is faith in God reasonable?'  I would suggest that you may want to make a choice to participate in viewing these two debates. They may shed some light on this subject to you, they left me in the dark.


My point is this, and I would love to ask all four of these men one question. What do you personally do every day of your life to help your fellow man, and if you do, does this purpose come from the evolution of man's morality, the need to help others, or does this morality originate from outer space (GOD). Even if someday science proves without a doubt they are right, why in the meantime does it seem morally impossible to bring peace to this planet called earth.  I personally believe these intellectual men, atheist's in particular who believe in evolution, must have brains that have evolved past good old fashioned common sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment