Weekly Posting Goal:

Start off your week with a new post from Spark America every Sunday to get you informed and energized, and to give you meaningful, thought provoking information and inspirational dialog to share with your friends for the entire week. I welcome your comments.

Feel free to email me at GaetanoDrake(at)gmail(dot)com

Drake
I invite you to leave your thoughts and opinions in the comment section. Just click on "comments"at the bottom of each post.

Friday, October 5, 2012

America's Greatness


It seems that all we read and hear about are the insurmountable problems we have in America. What we need to do is to find and be a part of something much bigger than we are and the problems we face. I believe that ”bigger” is staring us right in the face and we cannot see her. She is America!
A few weeks ago my wife Debbie sent me her first picture ever of standing facing the Grand Canyon. The words attached to that message: “This brought me to tears”. It was at that moment that I realized what had happened to her. She had just experienced the thrill and vastness of something so much larger than all of us. We can only imagine. I wish I was there to share that moment with her. What she really experienced was the wonder and vastness of mother America. I am sure it also took her breath away.
We as a nation need to find that vastness and wonder in her; she is in trouble and needs us and we need her. She is and will always be the ”bigger” we will always need. This can only come from we the people. She belongs to us and we belong to her. Let the love affair begin. The time has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment