Weekly Posting Goal:

Start off your week with a new post from Spark America every Sunday to get you informed and energized, and to give you meaningful, thought provoking information and inspirational dialog to share with your friends for the entire week. I welcome your comments.

Feel free to email me at GaetanoDrake(at)gmail(dot)com

Drake
I invite you to leave your thoughts and opinions in the comment section. Just click on "comments"at the bottom of each post.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Mighty Man ----Abraham

In a recent blog I wrote about what I believe it takes to be considered a "Mighty Man". After watching with astonishment Spielberg's latest blockbuster "Lincoln", it goes without question that our 17th President personifies my definition of a man who is not just an ordinary man, but a "Mighty" one.
Mighty is the man who changed the course of this great nation; he recognized and understood that bringing slavery to an end would open the door to end the Civil war and bring peace to America. I can't even begin to imagine what the history books might have written about the course America would have taken had it not been for divine intervention that gave this just man the will, determination, and guidance to put slavery in its final resting place.

The things that struck me the most were his humor, passion, and his compassion for equality for all mankind. He appeared to be such a gentle and loving man; despite the fact he was fighting depression he seemed to be seeking to find God in his later years. I believe he was sent here at that time in American history to change the tide of current events and lived to at least fulfill his destiny.

I would think that anyone upon seeing this movie would have a life changing experience. I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment