Weekly Posting Goal:

Start off your week with a new post from Spark America every Sunday to get you informed and energized, and to give you meaningful, thought provoking information and inspirational dialog to share with your friends for the entire week. I welcome your comments.

Feel free to email me at GaetanoDrake(at)gmail(dot)com

Drake
I invite you to leave your thoughts and opinions in the comment section. Just click on "comments"at the bottom of each post.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day--A Day of Love


Every child born has a mom, and every day, and not just once a year, "Mother's Day"should be celebrated as a day to love, cherish, and with tenderness and devotion, tell our mothers that we love them; words that can make a stressful day a worthwhile and meaningful day for her. Devotion to your mother on a daily basis is a good thing.

Although you make think you have to rely on Hallmark to express you innermost and deepest feelings for your mother, you do not. One suggestion I may present to you is to go ahead and select a beautiful card with a captivating cover that will open up her heart to drink in the words that are inside. Once inside, she can read your heartfelt feelings for her that for most of the time is locked inside your heart. Now deposit those words on the space provided for just that. Write the words that need to be spoken in person to the woman who made a conscious decision to bring you into her world. A world filled with her hope and love for you. Now, focus your eyes on her while her heart accepts your chosen offerings of words you wrote to express your deepest feelings of love for her. As the tears begin to fall, make sure you have tissue close at hand.

For some mothers, Mothers Day is a day and a time of deep loss and sorrow for they may be without their mothers, or they maybe suffering the loss of another person they so dearly loved, such as a father, husband, friend, son or daughter. We must pray for them on this , their day, and pay them a visit if we can in order to ease their pain, lest we never forget their pain and suffering. It is the right thing to do.

My mother never really cared for a gift on mother's day, but longed for that card that somehow she knew would so humbly contain the words that lived in my heart, that somehow I just couldn't get out to her, that would express my deepest love for her. Those were my early days of using "Hallmark" to express my feelings, but as I grew older and wiser I began to add my own words that for too many years were hidden and trapped in my heart and soul, with no way to get them out to her.

We as adults must begin to learn and understand that all moms are not alike, but they all have one thing in common. They love their children with unconditional love,and that love will live in our hearts forever, even when they are gone. Let us not have regrets. Regrets are like ghosts - they will haunt us to the end.

This Mother's Day especially if you are blessed enough to spend it with your mom, give her a great hug, hold her hand and as you squeeze her hand, look deep into her eyes and tell her that you love and cherish her. That tender touch and those words at that moment will go soaring right into heart and soul and will be embedded there forever. A moment that will last a lifetime. This is not the time for just a snapshot, this needs to be a complete picture, that will last an eternity. Her portrait hangs in our hearts in the place called "honor". A mother's love knows no boundary's and her heart is that of an Angel. She will always give, but she will never take.


I got to do that just before my mom took her last breath before she went to her eternal rest with God, and that last moment will live in both my heart and soul forever. All I have to do is close my eyes and she is there with me because I can still see her, feel her, and almost reach out and touch her.

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms who may be reading this on this day.

Happy Mother's Day mom.
I miss you and I will love you forever.
Sleep in heavenly peace.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment